TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- Who can use Two-Factor Authentication?
- How do I install Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in my Eduframe?
- How to set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- How to login with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- How to reset Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for a colleague?
What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of security for your Eduframe account to prevent other people from logging in when they have access to your password. When enabled, this extra security will ask you, each time you login, to verify your identity with a randomised code (of 6 digits) that will be generated from an app on your mobile phone.
Who can use Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication can be used by all users in Eduframe including the portals, so administrators, teachers, key-contacts, students & teachers.
How do I install Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in my Eduframe?
Two-Factor Authentication is a premium feature in Eduframe. If you are interested in having this functionality to add an extra security layer to the accounts (and its data), you can email email@example.com for more information.
How to set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
To enable 2FA, you need to have an One Time Password compatible app such as:
- Google Authenticator: Android, iPhone
- Authy: Android, iPhone
If you have downloaded one of these apps, you can start enabling 2FA on your account by following these steps:
1. Go to My Profile
2. Click on Enable 2FA (for key-contacts and students this can be found at the Security tab of your profile at the portal).
3. With your Google Authenticator or Authy app, scan the QR code or enter the 32-digit code manually.
4. Enter the 6-digit randomised code that the App has generated into the "One Time Password" input field.
5. Click on Confirm and Enable Two Factor
6. Congratulations, 2FA is enabled on your account!
How to login with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
When 2FA is enabled, you will have to enter the generated 6-digits code (from your phone) each time you login to your account.
After you entered your e-mail address and password you have to open your App on your phone and enter the generated 6-digits code in the "One Time Password" input field.
How to manage Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
View 2FA status
Go to Settings > Authentication > Eduframe and click the Admin or Teachers tab to get an overview. If 2FA is enabled for an admin or teacher the column 'Two-factor authentication' will show 'Enabled'. If the column does not mention 'Enabled' the contact has not activated 2FA. It is possible to filter on enabled/disabled and search on names and email.
For all other users go to Relations > Users and click the user you want to check. On the Security tab at the contact page the 2FA status can be seen.
Reset the 2FA for a user
Admins are able to reset the password and Disable 2FA for a specific user (including teachers) at the Security tab at the contact page. An admin cannot enable the 2FA here, that can only be done by the user itself.
Reset 2FA for a colleague
Of course it may happen that a colleague loses access to Eduframe, for example if he loses his code or phone, making it impossible to log in. Admins in Eduframe with permission to edit settings can disable the two-factor authentication of another admin so that their colleague can access Eduframe again when this happens. The colleague can then re-enable two-factor authentication themselves.
1. Go to Settings > Administrators
2. Click on the administrator you want to disable 2FA for
3. Scroll down to the 'Two Factor Authentication' part and click on Disable two factor
Click here for other Articles around the Settings in Eduframe
Click here if you have any questions for support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article